I am starting a new roll as ~Advancement Coordinator~ Which is a Volunteer Position in my Son's Scout Troop.
Summary from Unit Advancement Chair Wiki:
- Encourage Scouts to advance in rank.
- Works with troop Scribe to maintain all Scout advancement records.
- Arranges troop boards of review and quarterly courts of honor. (Varsity Scout team boards of reviews are conducted by the youth team secretary and courts of honor are conducted by the youth Captain.
- (The"arranges Troop Boards of Review" is done by another person in our Troop)
- Develop and maintain a merit badge counselor list.
- (I will help with this just in the list part not anything else related to it, but we have a Merit Badge Coordinator too)
- Make a prompt report on the correct form to the council service center when a troop/team board of review is held. Secure badges and certificates.
- Work with the troop/team librarian to build and maintain a troop/team library of merit badge pamphlets and other advancement literature.
- Report to the troop/team committee each month.